Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Sacred Valley


Although I'm a little jealous of those who take the Incan trail to Machu Picchu, we still had a fun day getting to the train stop. My mom did a great job planning our trip, and by great job I mean she hired a travel agent. Most of our food was taken care of, there was someone waiting for us at every train station, airport, and ruin we arrived at. 
 Just outside of Cusco we visited an animal recovery shelter. They let us walk right up to the animals(minus the pumas and the jungle cats). So I hugged my new friend and we watched some giant birds fly on in. Definitely something you don't see in the states.
 Colorful patterns everywhere!
 Wanted to try this giant corn so bad, but we learned once already to nix the street food.
 In Pisac we visited the ruins and walked through the GIANT market. Most every store was the same, but I loved looking at the stacked walls of colorful clothes and bags. Aaron and Spence helped me get better and better at bargaining.... quanto?
 Gorgoeus view right by Pisac!
 Never knew there were so many ruins besides Machu Picchu in Peru. There were everywhere. The steps are farming ledges that the Incans would use to grow crops, and many Peruvians still use some of those ancient farming strips today!
Unreal! Next stop... Machu Picchu! 

No comments:

Post a Comment