Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Tender Mercy


Panic and relief engulfed me Saturday afternoon when Aaron sent me this text. My thoughts screened back to filling up at the gas station "I'll just put my wallet on the top of the car while I start to fill up and grab it after... I won't forget it." I thought as I remembered how just days earlier I had set a diet coke on the roof of the car to have it leak and stream down my windshield seconds later as I drove off.

Well, just like the diet coke incident, I forgot my wallet, but this time, I didn't have coke spewing down my windshield to remind me that I had forgotten it. So off to Provo I headed for a bridal shower.

Lucky for me there are still good people in the world, and God has a watchful eye over us. Aaron was home getting ready to go fishing with his brother Jake when a couple came to the door to deliver my wallet. Boy am I glad I changed my address to our new place when I changed my name!!! They returned the wallet fully intact- ID, credit and debit cards and ALL the cash I had in there. Nothing short of a miracle! Truly a tender mercy.

The only problem is, it looks like someone ran over it and the phone case cracked. Bummer since I just got that cute wallet in California with Aaron for my birthday. Oh well, looks like I'll have to go shopping for a new wallet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment