Tuesday, August 19, 2014

River floating


Floating down the river is a memorable past time. From "rafting" down the canal next to my apartment in college to floating on First Dam in Logan to tubing on the Cahaba in Alabama to shooting the tube, I have definitely had some good times. 

So Aaron and I set out to go tube down the Provo River with Madi and Gavin's invitation.
There were a few run ins with river bank shrubbery, one stuck tube on a rock, lots of buddy yelling, fisherman dodging, numb toes, tube linking and sunny skies. 

We had almost made it to the end pretty dry. But as we were floating past a tall rock where a group of people were jumping off into the water, I looked up to see a B-I-G Poly step up to jump off. I thought he would wait for us to pass, but nope he sure didn't. I was scared he was going to topple Madi over, but that wasn't his goal either.... it was to splash us! And did he ever! I thought the splash was never going to end, it kept coming and coming and coming! Aaron, Madi and I were pretty soaked afterwards. 

We also have been planning on going to the driving range for a while, since I told Aaron we could on his birthday, but then surprised him with friends over at our house. We finally got around to it, but couldn't find my golf clubs! So we opted for mini golf, but once we got there Aaron saw the batting cages and opted for that.  
He was awesome at batting, but I learned why I never kept playing softball after 7th grade. I am a wuss, the bat seemed too heavy for me, and Aaron kept gasping since apparently I kept stepping up in front of the ball, but luckily hit it when I would step close. I think next time I'll stick with mini golf. 

We are planning a trip up to my family's Kamas cabin, Aaron is soooo excited he keeps lengthening our weekend plans there and talks about it every day. He is planning on fishing all weekend and NOT showering... yikes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment