Monday, June 23, 2014

Pugh Campout


Aaron and I spent this past weekend in Southern Utah up Kolob Canyon. We camped out with all the Pugh's around his parents cabin in the woods. It's an annual thing and almost everyone was there minus a few spouses and one brother and family who lives in Colorado. But 9 out of 10 kids (and their families) is a pretty good turnout!!!.... We didn't even have that many at our wedding, haha!


Aaron and I and Jake and Mary are the only ones without kids, so there was no shortage of kiddos running around. They were very cute though and loved following Mary and I around. 

It was a quick weekend but we played games, went hiking along a river(got caught and found out it was private property), took the kids on a razor ride on the bumpy dirt road, played games, played mafia, ate lots of s'mores, laid in the hammock, played with the kids and played games some more.

The weekend flew by too quickly and before knew it we were taking the tent down. As I was trying to help Aaron (unsuccessfully) he said to me, "this is like your first time really camping, isn't it?" I admit I'm not much of camper, actually not a camper at all. The last time I went camping was girls camp 6 or 7 years ago- we are babied at camp, and before that it was when I was little kid going with my family. 

I haven't really grown up camping, we went a few times when I was younger as a family, but that's about it. So this is definitely new to me. Aaron was in full mountain mode and didn't change his clothes once, didn't shave and I think only brushed his teeth once.... yikes! So I think we will have to help each other adjust a little bit, also I don't want to pay dental bills for him. Hopefully every year this goes by, I will get the hang of it more and more. 

1 comment:

  1. I love that your first time camping includes a cabin and toilets! haha

    ReplyDelete