Thursday, June 19, 2014

Office kava


My boss just got back from a trip to Fiji this past week and brought our office a treat- kava! Kava is a Fijian ceremonial drink, it's made out of a tree root and is all ground up and mixed into water... it basically tastes like dirt, it's yuck! But, it's supposed to be good for anti anxiety and brings good vibes, luck and fortune. 

My bosses are super laid back and easy going. I walked in to the conference room and there was Jason mixing it together with his hands, he looked at me and said "don't worry about it". Haha so I moved on to regular business until they gathered us all up. 

We all gathered to try this drink. You dip a cup in the drink and pass it around the circle, clapping and saying "Bula!" as part of the ceremony. They turned on some island music to heighten the experience. 


Here we are passing the cup around the table. 

Probably not the best thing to drink after throwing up over the weekend. I'm glad I tried it, but don't plan on doing so in the future. Bring on the good luck though! 

No comments:

Post a Comment