Tuesday, May 20, 2014

The BIG Day 5-10-14


I am already missing the past couple weeks. It was so much fun having all my family here, getting ready for the wedding and all the excitement. On my wedding day I woke up super early that Saturday morning and drove out to Riverton to have Gayla- my hair lady since I was 5 years old, do my hair. My wedding present from her was dying and doing my wedding hair... so nice! 

After getting my hair done, it was off to get my makeup done at Tangles in Cottonwood Heights. I rushed off to go home and change, then I was off with my parents to pick up Aaron and go to the temple. 

We were sealed for time and all eternity in the Salt Lake Temple by my Grandpa Jack. It was so awesome that he was able to do that. He got Aaron's name wrong (he calls him Adam frequently), and forgot mine a few times, but it just makes it that much more memorable.

I didn't have enough time to take everything in, since everything went by so fast. But I am so glad I had such a great photographer to capture everything. It's so funny because being married really doesn't feel any different yet, but that is so good that things are just as normal as they have been. 

Since it will be a while until I get my pictures back, here are a few people sent me from that day. 



Some of my favorite Riverton girls! Cassie, Chasilyn & Madi!


Only half of the nieces and nephews. In the past week I have gained 20 new in-laws and 20+ nieces and nephews. 




The cake by One Sweet Slice. So YUM! One lemon layer, one key lime layer, and one orange creme layer. 


My two brothers David and Spencer. Spence posted this on Instagram with the sweetest message "Just two brothers who are sad to see our sister get married. We love her very much. Aaron is a lucky man to get this gem forever... he passed the brother test and we let him marry her"
Haha right before I walked into the sealing room, I felt a breakdown coming and I knew I had to hold it in or else I would be a mess the whole ceremony. So I did pretty well until these two where bawling after the ceremony and they came and gave me a hug. Love these two boys. 

Aaron's parents got lots of Subway sandwiches for the luncheon (Aaron's absolute favorite). We ate at the Pagoda building in Holladay and just enjoyed everyone's support and company. The fact that we got to take Subway leftovers home is probably Aaron's favorite thing ever. 

We had our reception at Le Jardin in Sandy. Can't wait to show/see pictures. It was a garden greenhouse with plants and greenery everywhere. Unfortunately it was raining so we had to stay inside, but a few people mentioned that rain is good luck on your wedding day. 

The tables looked so pretty with the flowers I chose, I wish I knew what they were called, but there were lilies and they smelled so good! The food looked great (I wasn't able to eat any)- there was pasta salad, green salads, fruit and veggie platters, chicken sandwiches and a brownie sundae bar. Everyone told me that you never get to eat at your own wedding, now I believe them. 

We ended up having a mini dance sesh at the end, my whole family even danced for a bit. It was such a fun night, and I can't thank everyone enough who came to support us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment