Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Mem weekend 2k14


Our Memorial weekend was packed full of fun from Friday to Monday! We got our wedding video Friday night, and I think I have watched it everyday at least twice a day since. It is so fun, and my favorite part is watching everyone dance. Aaron and I went to Olive Garden at the District and stopped by Spence's new place in Daybreak where we of course showed him the wedding video. 

We returned lots of duplicate presents to Target and got a new ottoman, some rugs, glass cups, placemats and plenty other responsible grown up items. The house is slowly looking better, just a few more things we need to hang, buy, put away and we are settled! 

Saturday we went to the Bees game for Big O Bees night with my work. I love being at baseball games because it means SUMMER! and also hot dogs, fireworks and blankets. 







Monday we hiked Mount Olympus with Jake and Mary, Spencer, Mary's Mom Cynthia and her friend Ginny. I hiked Mt. O about 3 years ago and promised I would never hike it again... apparently I forgot that. So here I am 3 years later. It's a pretty brutal hike, pretty much allllll uphill. The very end is just bouldering up to the peak, and it's definitely worth it. 







Such pretty views at the top. Love these mountains. 

We ended the day getting snow cones... my favorite, swimming in Jake and Mary's pool, BBQ'ing, and watching the Bach. Such a fun weekend, it's a bummer to go back to work. Welcome Summer! 







2 comments:

  1. How long did it take you to hike Mt Olympus? Do you think a 4 month pregnant girl could do it? ha

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took us about 5ish hours. You are pretty tough so I think you could do it, it wasn't as hard as I remembered, just drink lotsa water, bring sunscreen and take lots of breaks and I think you may be able to :)

    ReplyDelete