Tuesday, March 11, 2014

The Proposal


Last night as we were watching the Bachelor finale (booo Juan Pablo), they were talking about proposals, how every girl looks forward to that day, and will remember it the rest of your life. Aaron leaned over and said "Are you going to remember our proposal for the rest of your life?" I said yes, of course! And here's how it happened.....

Every Saturday we have a tradition of making breakfast together. So just like every Saturday I went over to Aaron and Spencer's place and we made breakfast burritos. After breakfast we went to the gym, just a normal Saturday thing to do. Before we went to the gym Aaron mentioned that a friend from Logan was going to be in town that afternoon and they wanted to get together for lunch. He said that Spence and I should go eat lunch at Sweet Tomatoes while he was with his friend.

During that time Aaron also got a call from his friends in Provo wanting to hang out and go to the zoo with him that afternoon. Hahaha I still can't get over that 2 single guys wanted to go to the zoo and then wanted to invite Aaron. So  Aaron said they were all going to go to the zoo and that Spence and I should run errands and go eat lunch. I always want Aaron to hang out with his friends, cause he doesn't  see them as much since he lives so far away, and I never want to be that girlfriend or wife who just steals him away and his friends never see him again.

After running errands and eating at Sweet Tomatoes, Spence and I went back to their place and starting watching some TV. I was texting Aaron a little bit throughout the day, asked him if he was having fun, and when he was going to be back. As I was sitting flipping through channels, I got this text.


Then he sent a link to a website and this is what I saw.



Yes, we did meet on Tinder! Haha his family didn't know, so I think they finally found out. I never thought I would meet my future spouse through an app, but it definitely worked out for us, so you just never know!


After reading through this I thought to myself, hmmm something is definitely up, could this be it? 
Aaron used the friend finder app and followed me the whole time through the scavenger hunt. When I got to Top It, he venmo'd me $10 for "frozen yogurt on me". Every time I got to a new place, he would refresh the webpage and a new tab was showing for me to read. 



The froyo I got. Sat and ate all by myself :) and as I ate, this appeared.



I got to my church.... and the gates were closed and the parking lot was dark. 


So I texted him and told him it was dark and scary, and he refreshed the page.


I drove the short drive to Gma and Gpa Jack's house.


And waited in the car, until this popped up.


Excited to be a part of the Pugh's! It's a very big family and will totally be an adjustment but they are always so nice and sweet. Shortly after this page came, this one soon showed up.



So I gladly sent this email and then....


I walked around and through the gate to this beautiful site



The first pic is a little bit blurry. But look at those candles! Sooo cool! 

I followed the candles down and into the screen door and Aaron popped out! We were excited to see each other, hugged and talked a little bit about the scavenger hunt. And then, he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! And I said yes and we were so happy! 

Aaron told Spence he could come out of the bushes(haha) and my grandma came downstairs to congratulate us. 



Full website <here>











No comments:

Post a Comment