Wednesday, March 26, 2014

First Date


Aaron and I's first date is a little different than most... to start off, we met on Tinder. We both were a little sketched out by the fact that Tinder was sort of "online dating". It took a few different 'cool' people to convince me to get it. The same thing happened with Aaron, he was afraid Tinder was going to show up on his Facebook page. 

After having Tinder for a few days, many guys had messaged me to start a conversation. I was getting a little overwhelmed by the amounts of convos, so I started to only respond to funny conversations. I wish wish wish Aaron and I would have saved our conversation, but we both deleted our Tinder accounts. His first message to me went a little something like this- "I think I love you and want to marry you, but how about we start with a date first?".


That definitely caught me off guard, but I was intrigued. I responded with a sarcastic comment back with something like- "a first date would probably be a good start eh?". He then responded that his friend got into his account and sent that crazy message out, but said I was pretty and that a date might not be a bad idea. We continued a little small talk and he soon asked for my number. 

We did a little bit of texting, he asked to hang out, multiple times, but I was always busy, or it was late at night and I had work the next day. I wasn't expecting to set anything up, he lived far away and we never really got onto each others schedules, and I had been going out a lot, and had my eye on a few other guys. 

After a while we found some time we could get together. He lived down in Provo at the time, and even offered to come up to Salt Lake. The fact that he would come up to Salt Lake for a first, and blind date blew me away a little bit slash seemed a little crazy. 

Aaron came up to Salt Lake and I invited him in, we brainstormed a little bit on what to do since he he said he wasn't from the Salt Lake area. We ended up on deciding to go to Bruges Waffles & Frites. As we were deciding to go, my roommate was sitting in the living room with us, pitching into our conversation. Aaron asked if she would like to join us. She agreed. He didn't know my roommate then, and definitely didn't know she loves to include herself in things all the time. Later on when I made fun of him for inviting her, he told me it was a "home teacher invitation" where you ask to be nice, but know they people will say no. Oh contraire. Haha now he knows.

At that point I wasn't sure if he was even into me, because well he invited my roommate. We went to the waffle place though, and he immediately complemented me on my hair. He loves me with blond, blond long hair. He also remembers to this day that I was wearing white jeans. We ate yummy waffles and visited. After eating we drove home and dropped my roommate off. Aaron suggested we go feed ducks at a park. So off we went to buy bread and feed the birds at Liberty Park. 

One thing that was so refreshing about Aaron was that he was so interested in me. He asked me so many questions and seemed genuinely interested. I felt like I could talk to him all night long. As we were walking back to the car when he grabbed my hand while we strolled past the ferris wheel in the warm June night air. 

We got back to my house and turned on Modern Family. He got a call from his friend Trevor who had just ended a date in Salt Lake and wanted to stop by(tacky, I know to answer a phone on the first date), so Aaron just invited him over to my place. Very strange, since he didn't ask if it would be okay. During the whole date Aaron was mentioning how we should go follow Trevor on his date downtown, I thought he was so weird for mentioning this haha. Trevor came over and hung out with us for a bit. Super weird for a first date, but it was not a normal first date. 

Trevor left and we continued watching Modern Family with us for a bit and left to head back down to Provo. We may or may not have kissed that first date. I wasn't expecting to kiss him at all, but some things just happen. As Aaron was leaving he wanted to come again the next night. I already had a date scheduled for the next night and politely told him I had plans. Plus I was a little weirded out that he wanted to do something soooo soon. But soon I learned that boy doesn't play games. 


No comments:

Post a Comment