Friday, March 21, 2014

Hill Running


Remember this post? Yesterday was the second time I went running outside this year. And it was just as, if not more brutal than the first time. Lately I have just been running a mile or two on the treadmill and doing a little bit of weights at the gym. Finally the weather is getting consistently better, yesterday was a gorgeous day.. 66 degrees! 

I convinced Aaron yesterday that we should go running outside. He agreed and laid out a plan to run up the hill on 45th South and then along Wasatch for a mile and then turn around for a total of a two mile run. 

Here was my thought process up the hill:
1. This weather is perfect running weather!
2. Wow this isn't as bad as I thought it would be...
3. Okay this is getting a little bit harder... but still definitely do-able
4. Oh man what was I thinking? I am only half-way up, help me!
5. I don't even care what I look like or my pace, lets just make it to the top
6. My lungs hurt
7. My lungs really hurt
8. Wait are my lungs on fire? Owww
9. This was a bad idea
10. My lungs really hurt
11. That little Reese's cup does not feel good
12. I am never eating again
13. My lungs really REALLY hurt
14. I am turning around
15. Screw it I'm walking
16. My lungs still hurt

Aaron caught up to me at the end and it turns out he was pretty much feeling the same way. We both agreed we need to start small and ease it up from there on our running, since we haven't been consistent lately. I'm thinking a flat one mile run this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment