Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Hello July!


July just might be my favorite month.

Summer is in full swing.

Aaron and I's birthday's are at the end of the month.

Independence Day and Pioneer Day in on month... which means two days off work and lotsa celebration!

Speaking of the 4th of July.... Aar and I spent in down in Southern Utah.

Man was it hot HoT HOT!!

Aaron met with clients on Friday while I slept in and went shopping with his mom. We hit up pretty much all the kitchen stores in St. George as well as Tai Pan, Gap (killer sales), Charming Charlie and Iceberg.

Moment of silence for Iceberg shakes. They are the absolute best. Aaaand gigantic. I leave feeling a little guilty not eating the whole thing.

We met up with my sister-in-law Melissa and her family at Red Robin and saw Inside Out after. Cute show, but not Pixar's best. 3.5 out of 5 stars.

It's hard for me to go to St. George without stopping for breakfast at Bear Paw.

So I told Aaron and his parents we HAD to go.
So we did. Chocolate stuffed french toast, don't mind if I do.

Of course the day we planned to go swimming the weather was cloudy... which really was a blessing in disguise cause I am white and would have gotten fried. Plus the weather was so much more bearable.

After a stop by Swig, we headed over to the Pugh's to watch the Hurricane fireworks.
We hiked up the hill behind their house for a perfect perch. We caught glimpses of the St. G show over the mountain as well as fireworks going off all over the Hurricane valley.
I'm slowly falling in love with that little town.

Maybe it's cause that's where Aar grew up.

Maybe it's the pretty red rock cliffs that line the town.

Maybe it's the warm weather.

Maybe it's the close proximity to Zion National Park.

Maybe it's the feeling that everyone knows everyone there.

Maybe it's the slower pace in life people take down there.

Maybe it's cause they have a Swig.

Call me crazy but I'm starting to understand why people love it there.


As Aaron and I walked into Sacrament meeting at his home ward, we suddenly realized we forgot to find a sub for our youth Sunday school class. Big ooops! I feel bad but hopefully they survived and no one burned the church down.

We are out of town so often on weekends, I'm worried our ward might start thinking we are going inactive. And we'll be gone this weekend for a trip to the cabin [insert embarrassed face emoji]. Promise we are still active.

Monday I came into work with this on my desk.
So happy since I've never seen a coke spelled with my name. Special delivery. Now only if it were diet :)

No comments:

Post a Comment