Friday, July 31, 2015

Birthday Kiddo's


Aaron and I's birthday's are only one day apart.

His is July 26th, and mine is July 28th..... Basically it gives us 3 days of celebration right?

Aaron and his brothers and dad have been planning a backpacking trip to the Uintah's for a long time coming, and the weekend finally came.

I don't know how they do it.... those backpacks are tooo heavy. Aaaand maybe I'm a wuss.
They packed on up and before I knew it they sped out of there sooo fast. 
So I was husbandless for 3 1/2 days. And they had no service up in the mountains.

It felt so strange, I think it was the longest time we have gone without speaking to each other. I go on business trips every month, but we always get to Facetime or call, so it was very different.

But luckily sweet Aaron left me $200 to spend over the weekend and Mary close by with jam packed weekend  ahead of us.

We didn't waste any time, and headed straight over to get pedicures.
 We went to the movies.

We went swimming.

I got sunburned.

We ate at Cafe Rio.

We drank Fizz two days in a row..... and didn't get any crap from the boys :)

Mary's family had a suite at the Bee's game the night of the 24th. So we ate plenty of food, watched ball, and enjoyed the amazing fireworks. Thank you Olson family for letting me take Jake's place!
I remembered another reason why it's good to have Aaron around, he keeps me in check from eating out too often!

Cause we sure went at it!

Hello waffle monster. We <3 Bruge's!
In line for the Cannibal, and definitely worth the wait!
Aar was out backpacking over his bday. He forgot it his birthday until halfway through the day, haha!
Mary took the long trek up to the Uintah's to pick them up since Lee and Sean left early due to the very high altitude. 
Mary was so sweet, brought them full big gulps and pizza when she picked themup, I'm sure they devoured it!!

I was so excited for them to come home and start celebrating Aaron's birthday! 
He was pretty stoked about his new raft for fishing. 

We ate more pizza, Market Street key lime pie and watched the Bach finale.

Then woke up and did it all over again for my birthday.

Loved eating at The Garden for dinner. Nothing beats the view up there!
He was also excited it wasn't as expensive as The Roof ;)

I can't believe I was only 22, and he was 24 when we first met! 

No comments:

Post a Comment