Thursday, November 13, 2014

6 months and going...



This week on November 10th, Aaron and I have been married for 6 months! Can't believe it's been 6 months... although sometimes it seems longer, but not in a bad way at all.

Aaron spent the morning on the toilet. Poor kid I've never heard him so miserable. He crawled on the floor and just laid there, looking like he was ready to die. He forced himself to go to work, against my advice, and suggested pizza for dinner. Not his greatest idea, but I can't turn down pizza.

The longer we are together the more I realize how different we are. But it's not necessarily a bad thing.

He's an extrovert. I'm an introvert.

He pushes the snooze button 3+ times in the morning. I'm awake and going right when the alarm goes off.

He stays awake during movies. I fall asleep.

He loves salty snacks. I love sweets.

He saves. I spend.

He's logical. I'm emotional.

He grew up with 9 siblings. I grew up with 2.

He loves fishing and camping. I love vacationing and shopping.

He sticks with favorites. I like trying new things.

He loves home BBQ's. I love eating out.

Although we may have some differences, I am glad we do. It pushes us to try new things, see a different perspective and learn to share(mostly me).

Lately I have noticed all the sweet things he does for me...

He parks on the street so I can park in the driveway... closer to the door.

He scrapes my icy windshield off for me before I go to work.

He prays, thanking Heavenly Father "thank you for Maddy because she's so beautiful" every. single. day.

Last night he said "I think I love you more now then I did when we got married".


So many little things that can be forgotten through life's busy-ness. Here's to 6 months and Eternity to go!




No comments:

Post a Comment