Friday, July 18, 2014

Sharing


I am not a sharer. To be more specific I am not a food sharer. Appetizers, breads, snacks and other foods before meals are fine, but don't ask me to share my entree with you, and don't even question me sharing my dessert. If I want to try your meal, I would have ordered or made it myself. Sure you can have a bite or two to taste, or eat my leftovers, but that's my limit. 

On my 2nd or 3rd date with Aaron we went out to eat. We had the normal conversation of what we were going to order. Then he mentioned that we can order two different entrees and just share them. Dun dun dunnnnn.... My stomach sank that moment. 
I don't drink coffee, but you can insert any food or beverage in here and this is me! 

My no sharing tendencies have become more apparent the more Aaron and I are together. Case in point- I grab some ice cream out of the freezer and ask if he wants any. He says no, I'll just have some of yours. Okay I can do this I think, he can have a few bites of mine. Fast forward to 5 minutes later where I have had a few bites and he has eaten the whole thing. And I'm the one left with no ice cream! 

There is an easy solution people- order an extra side, grab your own dessert, spend that extra $1 to get yourself a soda, aaaaand keep to yourselves! 

Here's to hoping I get through our California trip without having any major food sharing breakdowns. I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. 




1 comment:

  1. How do you still bear to be friends with me? I eat other people's food way more than I eat my own! haha

    ReplyDelete