Tuesday, July 29, 2014

24 & 26


Aaron and I's birthdays are just two days apart... which ultimately means cake for days! Happy Birthday to us! Aaron turned 26 on the 26th, while I celebrated 24 on the 28th. The morning of the 26th we finished our last leg of driving back, we left St. George after a much anticipated trip to Swig (much to Aaron's dismay). 
We got home and did the usual unpacking, vacuumed our cars out from road trip crumbs and caught up on our missed mail. I had Aaron's presents wrapped and waiting, wanting to make this birthday special for him. His favorite gifts were the shirts I got him from the DI- which means I didn't spend too much of our money haha. I have to say though he has slowly been converting me over little by little to the DI. 

I had planned a surprise get together for our friends to come over later that night, so I was trying real hard to get him out of the house. He finally agreed to go to Tucano's for dinner. After eating, Aaron wanted to go to the driving range, so we had to go home and pick up our clubs of course. We got home and there were my friends waiting for us with balloons blown up and strewn everywhere. His friends showed up about 5 minutes later, sure glad they showed up! 
 His first very own birthday cake! 
All night and the next day Aaron kept saying he had just had the best birthday ever, so sweet!

For the past few years my parents have sent me the yummy Georgetown Cupcakes for my birthday. They are literally thee best cupcakes I have ever had and I look forward to getting them each year! So far we have had a cupcake every day this week! 
My birthday was spent catching up at work, meeting with our contractors and going to news segment appearances. Aaron was nice enough to meet me at Chipotle for lunch and take me to my favorite snow cone shack after work! 

We finished the night off with dinner over at my grandparents, watching the Bachelorette finale and eating cupcakes with Jake and Mary. So far 24 has been good to me! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment