Monday, July 14, 2014

Madderdays


Free slurpees. Iceburg. Swimming. Car washing. Movies. Summer is in full swing.

We have a 7-11 literally next door to our house so I had to get a free slurpee in celebration of July 11!

Aaron was busy doing financial planning work so I did a little bit of birthday shopping and wrapping while he was gone at late appointments. I think I may be getting a little carried away with birthday gifts for him, but he definitely deserves it. PS, I am thee world's worst wrapper, actually second only to Spencer.

I wasn't feeling too great later that night, so of course we go and get a shake at Iceburg. I went barefoot in my sweats, and Aaron mentioned how I am mirroring my college days, where prettymuch all I would wear was sweats, I loved it then, but definitely not proud of it now, glad I got out of that rut.

Aaron likes to call Saturdays "Madderdays" because we prettymuch do anything/everything I want. Mostly it's running errands and cleaning the house, but usually it includes eating out and doing activities together. This past Madderday we slept in, washed the car, went swimming, visited Ikea and then went and saw Blended at the Water Gardens and gorged ourselves with overly buttered theater popcorn.


We also got to visit my grandma at her care center. It's good to see her even though her sentences don't make sense, or that there are people walking around talking about going to a circus. But there are always cookies there and I am still a little bit familiar to her.

We are leaving for a trip to California this weekend and ironed out our plans and then watched an episode of Naked and Afraid. I can't wait to stop by Swig, hit up a Vegas buffet, swim in the ocean, ride bikes on the pier, go kayaking, visit new temples, eat at local restaurants, make fires on the beach, have a cold drink while laying out, road trip with Jake and Mary and catch up on some reading. Vacation, I'm ready for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment