Monday, August 8, 2016

Calf Creek


I have fallen in love with all the Utah national parks... and since neither Aaron or I have been to Bryce, we found a weekend to head down south with Madi and Gavin.

I am so happy we had that time with Madi and Gavin, they are some of our favorite friends, but are moving to Dallas next month. Our friends are dwindling each year and they are our constants that we hang out with frequently, so they will definitely be missed. <3

We drove down Friday afternoon and got to our camping spot just after dark because well work. We set up our tents and crashed for the night.
Even though Calf Creek Falls was about a 1.5 hour drive from where we stayed, we took the drive, and I'm so glad we did!
We made a DC stop on the way in and out in Tropic Utah. I loved driving through all the cute but tiny Southern Utah towns.
Calf Creek Falls was about a 5 mile roundtrip hike. The trail wound through a lush green canyon with steep red cliff walls. 
The waterfall at the end was gorgeous and so worth the hike!
We spent the afternoon swimming in the freezing water, capturing tons of pictures, snarfing down BBQ chips(mostly me) and swinging in Madi and Gavin's hammock. 

It was seriously so much fun and I'm so glad we made it out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment