Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Easter 2016


I am learning to appreciate and enjoy Easter more for the reason instead of the season. Last night we had a small Family Home Evening at my Grandma's house. We took turns reading a talk about the resurrection and this quote jumped out to me 

"The most influential events in history are those who affect the largest amount of people for the longest period of time." 

It fit perfectly with the Atonement and the Resurrection as it is by far the biggest event that ever happened and every will happen in the history of the world and eternity. So thankful for that knowledge. 

We started our weekend off dying eggs and playing Uno with Madi and Gavin... girls won :)

Saturday morning was rough... we had a 10 mile run, but luckily we made it! 
We have started to run on the Jordan River Parkway trail and it is so much better than running in neighborhoods. No worry about watching cars, waiting to cross the street, and the scenery is 10x's better! And I know my time's not amazing but I am so proud of myself for getting under a 9 minute mile consistently! 

The Easter Bunny made a visit to our house... twice! 

 Spencer and Lexi hid a bunch of eggs around our house for us to find. Cute Aaron never had Easter baskets or egg hunts besides the community hunts as a kid. So this was all brand new to him.
He loved it, and I can't wait til we can do the same for our kids one day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment