Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Running- Charity Miles Style


Since the weather has been warmer, I have decided I need to start running outside again. Actually I decided that I need to start running again period. The last time I legitimately ran outside was probably my half marathon last October.... it's been a long extended leave. 

The run was not good, very unimpressive, slow time and cold lungs. It was also colder than I thought it would be outside, the sun always tricks me, especially this time of year when all you want is for spring to come. 

So I ran, and ran, and maybe even walked a little. But I got to use one of the coolest apps. It's called Charity Miles. Once you have the app downloaded you turn it on when you run, it tracks how many miles you run, and in turn donates money to charity. It's awesome, definitely makes me feel better. There are a bunch of different organizations to choose where you want to donate your run/walk/bike to. 




Various businesses sponsor Charity Miles, and they are the ones that donate the money. Yesterday I ran for the World Food Programme.


Happy running to everyone! 


1 comment: