Monday, April 3, 2017

Zion Sibling Trip


They day after we got back from NZ, we had a quick day at work, and then headed down to Hurricane to meet my brothers for the weekend.

I can't say it enough but I love love love that Aaron is from Southern Utah! It gives us an excuse to go down in the warmth and red rock, that I wouldn't otherwise do. 

David had some time off for Spring Break, so we suggested he come out West and we go to Zion National Park- which is Spence and I's favorite! 

Spencer and Lexi were so nice and picked David up at the Vegas airport since airfare was cheaper there. 

We woke up in the morning... after going to Bear Paw of course and headed up to Zion. 

We heard the day before someone had died falling off of Angel's Landing... so we steered clear of that and went through the tunnel to an easy favorite- the Canyon Overlook Trail.
 The view is just about as good as Angel's Landing and a whole lot easier to hike!



The weather was amazing! We took the shuttle up the canyon longer to show David the spine of Angel's Landing and enjoy the tall cliffs and wildlife.

Driving back down the canyon through La Verkin we say the PRETTIEST sunset ever! The purple mountains, red cliffs and colorful sky were amazing... I couldn't keep my eyes off of it and kept commenting about it every other minute haha.

We spent the night in St. George at the Pizza Factory eating plenty of pizza and breadsticks... and of course had to stop by Swig for a cookie on the way home.

The next morning we stopped at McDee's for breakfast... I told them how much I love that none of them are above McDonald's and all were game for going there for breakfast.

My hometown boy sure comes in handy when it comes to small Southern Utah gems. We jetted up to Touquerville Falls after some McDee's.
 Touqerville Falls is on the edge of Touquerville and requires an SUV or truck to get there... it's a very very rocky dirt road up to the falls. It's not too long of a path, but with all the rocks, it takes about a half hour.
 I think everyone loved it and it was definitely worth the trip.
 And Lexi's camera and editing skillz always come in handy! She rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment