Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Paris


The city of lights was our final stop on our Europe trip.
Paris did not disappoint.

Although it was a little rough finding our cute little Airbnb apartment.

I think that's the worst part about traveling- the chase to finding your hotel.

I booked the location because it was a 10 minute walk to the Eiffel! So our first stop was the tower of course.

It was gorgeous!
It was the coolest thing to actually BE there!

We opted to take the stairs up the tower since the elevator line was way wayyy long, plus it's about half the price to walk, and it wasn't too bad.

We made it too the second tier, since you have to pay more to go to the tippy top... although I wish we would have. I ate one of the best macaroons on top(so much better in France), we walked around and took in all the views and soon made our way back down.

It was hard to do Paris in a day and a half, so we tried our best to visit all the landmarks.

Champs Elysees & Arc de Triomphe was next on the list.

Luckily everything in Paris is pretty close together. So we walked and walked and walked.

I didn't mind it though since Aar and I caught glimpses of city life, stopped by small candy shops and relaxed in the cutest cafes.

No, that is not a parking lot behind me, those are crazy Parisian drivers.

The Champs Elysees leads right up to the arc. The street was beautiful, wide and full of cafes and shopping. Wish Aaron could have lasted a bit longer, but we did make a stop at Gap. Poor kid absolutely hates shopping and would actually wait outside the shops for me.
At night we checked our iPhones and every day we were in Paris, we walked 10 miles! 

It didn't even phase me though since I loved it so much. 

So I dragged Aaron out to see the Eiffel Tower at night. 

And am so glad I did. 

Every hour on the hour, the tower sparkles for 5 minutes straight. 

I think it stops everyone in their tracks. 

We slept soundly and even slept in a bit before we went to visit the France Stock Exchange in the morning. 
Since it was Saturday, it wasn't open, but this was the next best thing.

We cabbed up to Sacre Couer afterwards.

The weather was sunny and cool.

We visited on the perfect afternoon, a big street festival was going on that only happens once a year.

All sorts of cheese, candy, meat and drink stands were stationed around the Cathedral.
Speaking of Cathedrals....

We visited so many throughout our trip. 

They all had tall stone pillars, pretty paintings and colorful stain glass windows. 

Each was unique and pretty. 

However.... in none of them I felt the spirit.  


I am so grateful for dedicated buildings of worship in our church. 

I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost.

I am so grateful for the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

The Louvre was next on the list. We nixed going inside, but had to snap a few pics of the famous glass pyramid. 
And then ate at the cutest cafe on a little side street. 

With the best bread. 
The best crepes were street crepes! We got a nutella crepe just outside of the Eiffel Tower. It was warm and sugary.

I have decided everything is better in France.
Thank you Paris! We loved you!




No comments:

Post a Comment