Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Hungary


My house in Budapest
My hidden treasure chest,
Golden grand piano
My beautiful Castillo
Ooooooo

That song was stuck in my head the whole day we were in Budapest. Like who goes to Hungary?!

Budapest is about a 3 hour drive from Vienna, so we hopped on a bus with our tour group and took a day trip to Budapest. 

As we crossed the Austrian/Hungary border it was so sad to see tents and tents and tents full of Syrian refugees. Very sad situation. 

It's so crazy that in just a 3 hour drive, we were in another country with a completely new language. I love that about Europe. 

Although the sky was gray, Budapest was gorgeous. The architecture there may have been my favorite. 

Our first stop was this gorgeous lookout point. 
It was thee coolest. I sat there and thought... I'm in Hungary! 
Seriously though, from the parliament building, to the castles, to the churches to the buildings lining the streets Budapest was so pretty! 

Hungarian history is a bit sad though. Basically the whole city has been torn apart between invasions and wars, and none of the buildings are originals, they have all been rebuilt. 

Our tour guide said at the moment they are free. Made me a little sad that she said "at the moment". So grateful for America! 

We visited a famous cathedral.

And the cathedral had the coolest stone grounds. 
And of course more beautiful views. 

After checking out the cathedral, we drove around the city past all the famous sites, before we stopped for lunch at the Spoon- which was on a boat!

The restaurant was gorgeous and the Hungarian food was very tasty. We had quinoa salad,and rabbit.  
Aar and I raced from lunch to enjoy the little free time we had before trekking back to Vienna. 

He had a goal to visit all the stock exchanges in each country. 

Hello Budapest Stock Exchange!
Walking to the stock exchange, the weather warmed up and the street views were incredible!
 Is this real life?!
I had to do a little shopping, and luckily discovered my favorite clothing store in Europe- Pull and Bear. Please come to the U.S! 

We raced back to the bus after the shopping trip and headed back to Vienna.

Hope to be back to explore Budapest more one day! 



No comments:

Post a Comment