Monday, September 15, 2014

Haircuts, hiking & hooking fish


Almost two months ago for Aaron's birthday I got him a men's hair cutting kit. He wanted to save money and have me cut his hair. 

Almost two months later I finally convinced him I was capable. Really he said "you're lucky I care about money more than my hair." I had buzzed my brother's hair before so I thought I was capable. When I started Aaron's hair I got a little bit nervous... but soon shook it off. 

Half an hour later I did it, I still need to practice, but it doesn't look too bad. I've been trimming it with scissors ever since to get a few stray hairs I missed, but I got most of it. A few more times of practice and I might not be half bad. 
Also burgers, fries and shakes at Iceburg= Yummmmm! 

I've been wanting to hike the Living Room with Aaron all summer long. I finally convinced him to go with me, it was also Madderday so...
View from the top! 
 Pretty plants along the way.
 Following the leader the leader the leader. We were watching our landlord's puppy Mika over the weekend and decided to take her with. She was a trooper. 
Fall is here!
 It's called the Living Room because people have arranged the rocks into arm chairs at the lookout point, pretty neat.

I don't know if the hike was harder and steeper than I remember, or if it was the burgers and fries we ate right before. Either way it's still a fun hike, 2.70 miles round trip. It's a little rough on the way up since it's mostly uphill, but the way down is a breeze! The trailhead is up by the U, right by Red Butte Gardens. 

After hiking, we drove over to Daybreak lake to do some fishing. Aaron is just love love loving fishing right now, and since I've never caught a fish, he wanted to be there while I caught my first one. 

 He even put the live worms on the hook and cast the line out for me. I got lots of bites and a little too excited reeling it in, only to come up empty handed. 
And then Jake helped me and let me pull his fish in. So this is the closest I've gotten, although I'm sure I'll keep fishing a little bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment