Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Settled-ish


We are continuing to settle into our new little Cottonwood home.

The last few weeks have been spent

Demolitioning


Envisioning


Cafe Rio-ing


Bachelor-ing


SNOWing


Working


Traveling


Spending


Gus the Photo Bus-ing


Planning


So first to the house.

I just want it to be done. Already.

We got our AC put in. Demo'd out a wall. Put in our washer and dryer upstairs. Listing it out now it seems more like progress.

I ordered our bathroom vanity the other day. And we picked out bathroom tile. Now lets lay it already!

....We're getting there.

And at least we don't have our huge junk pile on the porch and the bathtub on the lawn. That's definitely progress.

While working on the house, we had the electrical worked on. Which happened to be some of the coldest days of the season. So we busted out the fireplace... I ended up loving it and can't wait for cozy winter nights for the upcoming winter.
Also, our new ward is so nice. Like seriously so nice. Aaron and I say that every Sunday.


People have stopped by to bring cookies.


People remember us by name each week.


People ask us how we are doing.


People ask how the move is going.

My goal is to be one of those people in this new ward- with the ability to care, be kind, and take a moment to say "Hi!".


I did a 10 day no sugar/no soda challenge at work.

I actually made it out alive- with the help of crystal light and lemon almonds.

And of course on the 11th day I had a donut and DC for breakfast.
 ...I don't think I caught the drift, or the meaning of the challenge haha.

So with no snow this winter, it was bound to happen.

And boy DID it!

It dumped for 2 weeks straight it felt like.
But here's to Spring! Bring on the blooming trees, Reese's eggs and tulips!

We went to a Jazz game a few weeks ago. Aaron went for the team. I went for the J Dawgs and Iceburg, worked for me :)
I just got back from a 4 day long work trip. One day I'm sure I wish I had these nights to myself with an entire hotel room and room service at my fingertips. But it's sorta boring. I have a hard time sleeping on biz trips, I always get nervous I'm going to miss the alarm in the morning, so I toss and turn all night. It's thee worst!

But, we have started getting first class, so cheers to that!








No comments:

Post a Comment