Friday, January 6, 2017

Pughmas 2016

As usual, I traveled to Denver for work in December.

But this time we stayed a little extra and rented out a theater for a Star Wars Rogue One for our clients. When we walked into the theater it was fffreezing cold, but no snow insight. Fast forward to after the movie, running to the car with a fresh coat of 5 inches of snow blanketing the road, cars, trees and roof tops. We were staying at the airport hotel that night with an early flight back to Utah in the morning.

But we were 45 minutes away from the airport. So we started chugging away in our Enterprise Nissan Altima in -1 degree weather, with no snow tires on stark white freeways for the next 3 hours.

Luckily we made it. But we were all white knuckled and tense, pulled over countless times to scrape the ice off the wipers and said many prayers. The airport was a mess, and I still don't understand how my plane was one of the only lucky ones to leave the next morning.

Because of de-icing the plane got off a little later than expected, so I missed my connection into Cedar City.... who even knew there was a legit airport in Cedar that Delta flies into? Luckily there was a St. George flight in about an hour so I called and texted Aaron and hopped on the plane.

After landing in St. George I called Aaron telling him I just landed. He said he didn't see any moving planes in sight.... turns out he was at the Cedar airport. Poor kid was so tired he forgot my call and ended up at the Cedar City airport.

So I waited and waited and waited at the St. G airport for him to book it down. Turns out the St. George airport is absolutely barren when no one's flying. I didn't cross paths with one worker while waiting.

After a few quick errands, we finally made it for the whole reason we came down... he Pugh family Christmas party in Cedar City. They definitely stepped it up a notch with bubble balls, family jepoardy games and gifts. We sure had a fun time!




No comments:

Post a Comment