Monday, September 12, 2016

Fall Hiking


A couple of years ago I stumbled upon Neff's Canyon. It was this time of year I went hiking on the steep trail. I vividly remember the spot where I turned around... a big meadow opening full of golden aspens and mountain peaks.

I've been dying to go back, especially in September when the leaves are fire red and golden yellow. So I half tricked/half convinced Aaron to come with me.
 Well.... the hike was a lot longer than I remembered. A loooot longer and a looooot steeper. Between the two of us we guzzled three hefty gatorades and were left wanting more.
 We almost turned around several times... and by the very end I was taking the tiniest steps ever hardly bringing one foot in front of the other(I'm super out of shape if you can't tell).
But we finally made it to the top... after several times of telling Aaron just ten more minutes... just ten more minutes. It was definitely worth it though!
Between the awesome valley views and the brightly colored meadow I'm so glad we made it! I checked my steps later that night... we ended up just shy of 8 miles... wow! I'm definitely feeling it today!

No comments:

Post a Comment