Monday, December 29, 2014

What my Christmas looked like...


Here's what our first married Christmas looked like:

A few years ago, my family started the tradition of drawing names for Christmas stockings. Everyone draws a name and is given $20 to shop for treats & small gifts for that person. We usually all go to Target on Christmas Eve, but this year, we were all spread out for Christmas so we did it a few days early. Since Aar and I were the only ones in SLC, we had each other.
 He didn't want any candy... crazy kid, so Santa got him chips and socks and fruit snacks... and I pretty much ate all his fruit snacks...
 Loved my stocking presents. Now I have weights instead of cans of food to use for my home workouts.

Every Christmas Eve for as long as I can remember we get together at my Grandma Jack's house. We have dinner and a Christmas "program" followed by presents. We used to get Christmas pj's (like 99% of the world), but apparently we've grown out of that. Now we draw names and get each other hilarious $5 gifts. I'm glad Aaron gets to join in on this tradition!

This year baby Eden even made it!
 Aaron and I slept over at my Grandma's Christmas Eve, we knew our neighbors upstairs would be up early with their little ones... and we like to sleep in :)
 Spoiled kids Christmas morning after a yummy breakfast and Facetiming my parents while opening gifts.
We had even more presents waiting for us at home!
I think this is my favorite picture of Aaron^ Apparently there is a difference between a deep sea fishing pole and a normal fishing pole.... my bad. Good thing my parents got him a normal fishing pole!
 If finally snowed Christmas day here in Salt Lake! Jake and Aaron were dying to go sledding, but we didn't have a sled, so they improvised with a storage bin. They crack me up, those two can get creative with anything!

 Downing the bottle like it's sparkling cider, oh wait, it is.
The day after Christmas we went and visited my Grandma at here care center. She was in a great mood!
She's the only grown up I know with smaller hands than me!
 Pumped about his new fishing pole, he was ready to go fishing that day in the snow!
We ended the Christmas weekend at the Jazz game. Aaron love love loves it when I get Jazz tickets from work, makes him a happy huzzy.

Not pictured:
Swig with Madi and Owen
Shopping at Scheels for fishing gear with Aar
Sleeping in until 11 am
Morning waffles
Watching North Korean Netflix documentaries all morning on Saturday

1 comment:

  1. It cracks me up that Aaron is wearing Shaylee's Oquirrh Hills basketball shorts in that first picture!

    ReplyDelete