Monday, January 29, 2018

Enjoy the Moment


The last few nights Aaron and I have stayed up late in bed talking.

Discussing the future.

Work plans.

Babies.

Moving.

Homes.

Friends.

Family.

Trips.


... but mostly A LOT about the future.


Last night I remember saying, I just want to be pregnant already so I can get it over with.


And then he said... I've thought about that a lot. As a financial planner, everything I do for us and my clients is planning for the day when we turn 60 or 65 to retire. I don't want that to be the focal point of my life, looking forward to that. By then we'll be old and won't be into all the same stuff we are now. I'm learning to enjoy the moment. Being young. Traveling. Enjoying time without kids. Playing basketball. Working. Enjoy the moment NOW.


So here's to enjoying the moment.


Coping with and embracing my extra short bangs I got trimmed a week ago.

Listening to the Greatest Showman on repeat all day.

Being excited for Mondays- fresh starts to the week and the Bachelor in the evening.

Sleeping in on Saturdays cause we don't have littles yet to wake us.

Cold days which means pretty snow-capped mountains.

Moving boxes and messy homes- for the excitement of a new home.


Lets enjoy the moment NOW!



No comments:

Post a Comment