Monday, August 14, 2017

Birthdays


Finally time to talk about our birthdays!

Aaron's birthday fell on a Wednesday and mine on Friday. 

I made pancakes the night before so it'd be easy to reheat and have ready for his breakfast in the morning. Then off to work with a quick break for Rio... of course it was double points day for his birthday. 
 He had plenty of presents and we relaxed for the rest of the night.
Cheers to his last year of 20s! 

My cute parents came to town for our birthdays... since Lexi, Aar and I have birthdays so close, there's no better reason to celebrate!

I started a new tradition at my office this year- everyone gets a paid day off on their birthday! I mean... why isn't this a thing everywhere really? 

So I spent my day sleeping in, getting pedicures with my mom, eating at Blue Lemon, grabbing some cookie dough at dough co, Cafe Rio and a Gus event up Millcreek. 
I can't believe I'm 27.... getting old! 

After the event we headed up to the Kamas Kabin to spend the night there just Aaron, me and my mom. A cute new biscuit company opened up in Woodland, so we had to have breakfast there. 
It was a little long of a wait but very yummy. 

We had a quick trip to Kamas and headed back... but first medicine!

We rushed home in time to make it for our birthday dinner at the Roof. 
I forgot how good the Roof was! We took our time and devoured all the great dishes and took in the pretty summer views from up high. 

My mom left a little earlier than my dad, so right before we took her to the airport, we headed up to Albion Basin. 
I have no idea why I haven't been up there during wildflowers before. It was AMAZING! I can't believe I've missed out on it all these years. Definitely will be heading up there every year from now on.
We've been busy with plenty of Gus events lately... it's been great. Once everything's booked, the easiest part is going to an event. We just set up and hang out. 
We've had a few more birthday celebrations still... a birthday dinner at Cheesecake from Aaron's parents and another dinner coming up! We are so lucky!

We also had a blast hiking up around Mount Olympus last week. Can't get enough of summer... and loving Utah even more each day!



No comments:

Post a Comment