Tuesday, July 18, 2017

AL


We spent the 4th of July in Alabama with my parents and siblings. 

Kicked it off the holiday week by running the river at the classic Redneck River rafting spot. 
We went on the 3rd and it was a perfect day. The river was pretty quiet, and the water was warm. We saw tons of turtles hanging out on logs along the river, and Aaron absolutely loved playing on the rope swing at the end and climbing all the trees. 

We got an extra tube so we could blend in with our cooler... except it was full of soda and Gatorade :). 
Everything was so green, dense and thick, it was so pretty! We spent a night walking around one of their favorite parks close by and we got to drive my Dad's convertible! Wahoo!
4th of July breakfast at First Watch was delish! 

Our waitress came fully prepped to our table with coffee mugs and coffee... she was real surprised when none of us wanted coffee... haha all that work for nothing. 
I love the outlet stores by my parents house, so we swung by... he hates shopping haha. 

Aar and I had Steel City Pops for the first time. SO. DANG. GOOD. 


It doesn't really cool down at night in Alabama... that took some getting used to. 
We watched fireworks at the golf course nearby, and then had a small fireworks show in the culdesac at my parents. Sparklers and wasps were a blast. 
The week flew by so fast! We grabbed some Panera with my mom and then had to had back!

It's been a busy past couple of weeks since! Right after Alabama Aaron headed to El Paso for work. When he got back I headed to Louisville for work. We went camping in the Uintas, I have a quick Denver trip and then Dallas to visit Madi and Gavin! 

No comments:

Post a Comment