Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Curling with KAA


Curling with the Kassing Andrews Crew. Seriously such an awesome sport to try... who woulda thought? 
Yesterday we had a team building activity at work. It's sorta an odd sport but definitely a must try! 

First up next I go, I will definitely be wearing thick thick THICK wool socks and some solid thick shoes. 
My feet went absolutely numb about an hour into and I about cried when my feet were thawing, it hurt so bad. 

There's a TON more skill involved with curling than you'd think! It was sooo fun though pushing off the block and letting one go. 
Sweeping was fun too, but definitely a work out haha.... and also hard to keep your balance on the ice!  

Curling is a bit like shuffleboard where you want the stone to hit a certain target. Aim, sweeping(to make the stone go faster and farther), and a good send off all get taken into consideration when you are sending one off. 

Even though our team lost, we had so much fun, and I can't wait to get back out there! 

No comments:

Post a Comment