Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Nothing is impossible TM 2012




Tough Mudder. 12 miles. 20 something British Special Forces designed obstacles. Mud. Water. Cold. Probably the toughest event on the planet. That was my life this weekend. My work all competed in this together as team 6 Feet Under. We started with 12, a few got ahead of us, and a few quit, this is us at the finish line 4 hours later. 

Check out this link to the Tough Mudder overview http://www.youtube.com/user/ToughMudder?v=vh5HdPM_QuE

We crawled in mud under barbed wire, swam in water with ice floating all around us, climbed up slick muddy hills, carried heavy logs for a half mile, scaled 16 foot walls, crawled through tubes full of water, ran and crawled through shocks of up to 10,000 volts, just to name a few things- all in 40 degree weather in Tooele nbd. 

Surprisingly I had a lot of adrenaline, which got me through the race and kept me running throughout the race. One thing I love about the Tough Mudder is the camaraderie with all the teams, multiple people I did and didn't know helped boost me, asked if I was okay and kept me going throughout the race.... THANK YOU! 

It was so much fun and something I will never forget, also something my body won't let me forget with the sore aches and pains, but so glad to come out unhurt and healthy! Maybe I'll be back next year.... maybe.

Here's me running through the shocks at the end... luckily I didn't get it too bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment